But if you have….
So, from yesterday you learned that I’m gathering the ashes of my negative experience and creating an entirely new plan for my future. This involves lots of variables, twists, and maybe a bit of multitasking while playing hopscotch. (Haha, I don’t know why I thought that was funny, but I’m leaving it there for everyone to see anyway!)
- I have taken my book, Ensuing Darkness, off the market on Amazon. If you look it up it may still show, but you won’t be able to order it. That way no one gets the book until I’m ready, and until the cover is fixed (I’m looking at professional cover designers).
- I will not be publishing anymore books until I have at least three already done. Another thing I was told helped keep the confidence killer at bay was to have multiple books or other literary pieces out there so if one fails you still have something for your hope to fall back on. So, I’ll be working on E.D.’s sequel, whose initials also just happen to be E.D., as well as my first Luminite novel The Whispering Wood *, and another more romance-y type book, Cursed (working title).
- Since my attempt at coming into world-wide fame after publishing my first book didn’t work (surprise), I will be getting a ‘real’ job as soon as Hubs and I get a second car. Then I will begin to not only save for that $3000 I still need to start college, but also save up for a real launch for my books, complete with paid advertising and everything (oooo!).
- I’ve been focusing more on my art, since it calms me down and is one of the things I can do to get away from head-banging my keyboard. I really do love my art, and I know that it’s something I want to be a big part of my life. Along with being an Author, I really do want to be an Artist too. I know that’s where I want my career to go. I don’t need to go to college for writing (though Full Sail has a kick-ass degree for that and having a degree would probably help with the agents), but I do think an art degree of some kind is in my future **. It will be mine someday.
- I’m not sure just when I’ll be attending college, both because of the money situation, and the fact that I just found out that I’m pregnant. Yes, you read right, I’m with child! Woohoo! Hubs and I are so excited to become parents! Haha I’ve been looking at baby things since I found out yesterday and I’m already having a blast. I also looked up my due date (comparing between 4 different sites) and it came out to the same day: Hubs’ birthday next year in August! Ha! That’s one birthday present he’ll never forget ;).
So in closing, I’ve been down that dark and depressing road, listened to that slimy voice say those disparaging words in my ear, and have finally come out the other side where the light is. I am hopeful once more, and its all thanks to those amazing people from Scribophile, and if you’re reading this thanks guys! I hope everyone has a great day!
* Post on my self-created race the Luminites coming soon.
** Post on artistic careers coming soon.